Thursday, August 21, 2008
For your hardcopy resume, remove hyperlinks (the underline) that may have been created automatically when you typed email or website addresses. Here's how to turn off the hyperlink function in MS Word 2007:
1. Open the MS Word version for your hardcopy resume.
2. Click the Office Button (the colorful logo in a circle) in your toolbar and select Word Options, found in the lower right corner of the window.
3. After the Word Options box opens, click the Proofing button in the left column, then click AutoCorrect Options.
4. Click the AutoFormat As You Type tab and make sure "Internet and Network Path with Hyperlinks" is not selected. Then click OK to exit the AutoCorrect Options box.
5. Click OK to close the Word Options box.
These instructions will not change an existing hyperlink in your document. To remove the hyperlink you'll need to retype each email or website address. When you retype it, there will be no hyperlink. That's what you want for your hardcopy resume!