Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Green Card on Resume

Question
I recently got my American green card and would like to add that to my cover letter. Can you please help me out with this? I would like to know what is the best way to mention it and where is the suitable place.
Thanks!
Shirin

Answer



Hello Shirin,
As I say in this video, you don't need to mention your Green Card status in either your resume or cover letter. Most employers will assume that you are legally eligible to work in the U.S., especially if your mailing address is in the United States.

However, if you have a special reason for wanting to include this information, do so at the bottom of your resume. One clean line that says something like: Employment status: U.S. Green Card.

Congratulations on becoming a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. Good luck with your job search!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, I like the suggestion. Thanks

Unknown said...

if you have your working permit, that's not an issue anymore, I think...