Friday, April 11, 2008

Laid Off After Nine Years

Question
I have not had to write a resume in close to 10 years. I was laid off two weeks ago from a job I held for 9 years. I began at the company which at the time employed a total of 5 people. This company now employs close to 40. I have worn many hats and I have done almost every task at that office. My title was Vice President Administration. Within the last 5 years, my focus was in assisting both the CEO and President and overseeing investor / client relations. One obstacle is the fact that I do not have a college degree.

In my job search I will not be veering too far from an Executive Assistant position so I would like to make that the main focus of my resume. How do I get started on this daunting task?
-- Karen

Answer

Karen, in this video I recommend that you use the combination resume format to highlight the skills that are relevant to your job objective.

No comments: