Friday, December 08, 2006

The Big Guys Go Apes on YouTube

It’s not surprising that big corporations are posting videos on YouTube. They’re pretty easy to spot—the quality of the videos is usually far superior to those of an amateur, and they have obvious advertising tag lines.

Here are a couple that I’ll pass along to you, not to endorse their products, but because the videos make me laugh. Hey, that’s good enough for me!

Monkey Business
I never get tired of seeing chimps dressed like people, doing stupid stuff. We’ve seen these ads by CareerBuilder on TV; now we can watch them over and over online: New Job? and New Job? (Yes, those are two different videos with the same name.)

Sad to Say
Job Search Sucks by SimplyHired is a clever clip that makes you chuckle (and cry) about how pathetic a job hunt can make you feel.

Job Loungers, do you have a question? Email it to me and I’ll post your question and my answer here in The Job Lounge.

Or make a comment about this post by clicking the Comments link right below this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a long time cubicle dweller, I applaud the verisimilitude of chimps with chairs and chimps with pointers. As one grows older the job search becomes even more interesting: one realizes that one is a monkey too.


MAS, descended from apes in Oakland