Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Working with Online Resume Forms

Question
I am an undergraduate student at the LSE. I have recently come across your website, and have found the information there to be extremely useful.

I have this problem with online application forms: the paragraphs that I have copied and pasted have merged into one. I would like to ask you if it is possible to perform the "Enter" function on those forms, such that it will look like the way it is in the original text document that I have copied from (i.e., each bullet point starts from a new paragraph).

Thank you very much for your time and help! --Michael

Answer
Not all e-forms are the same. In some, you can adjust the text using the Enter key to create spaces. In others, the Enter key function doesn’t work. The only way to find out in your case is to try it. Hopefully it will work.

If you get no response from pressing the Enter key, try working in your original MS Word document, where you can create a double space between the two paragraphs that merged in the e-form. Copy and paste your revised MS Word doc into the e-form and see if that creates the desired space between the paragraphs.

Good luck with it!

Job Lounger, do you have a question? Email it to me and I’ll post your question and my answer here in The Job Lounge.

Or make a comment about this post by clicking the Comments link right below this post.

No comments: