Finally, a break from school! Who in their right mind would want to get an internship when they could be skiing the Alps or partying in Baja?
Aside from being fun and educational, an internship can be really helpful because it’s likely to offer:
- Insight into a possible career
- Mentorship in a field you're eager to advance in
- School credit (in some schools)
- Excellent credentials for college applications
- Impressive experience to be listed on your resume
- Future references that are well regarded in the profession
- An inside edge in getting hired and negotiating salary in your budding career down the road
Check out InternJobs.com for an easy search of currently available internships, listed by state.