Here are the situations I'd like to hear about:
- You went from in-house employment to consulting (aka, freelancing, contracting).
- You went back to school to get a degree in a new field, and then got a job in that new field.
- You got vocational training to get on track with a new line of work (even if it was only a slight change from what you were doing previously).
- You took an internship to gain experience in an occupation; after the internship you continued on that career path.
- You made a career change by taking a volunteer position, which somehow helped you get started in your new career.
- You tweaked your career to take advantage of the global economy.