- Insights into how recruiters and hiring managers prefer to receive and process resumesThe E-Resume Guide may be licensed as a PDF to organizations. It's excellent for workshops and one-on-one counseling. For more info, please email me, Susan Ireland.
- Why not to use the resume builder on a job board
- Pros and cons of uploading your resume to a resume site
- How to create a good-looking Plain Text resume (using MS Word 2007 and earlier) for the copy-and-paste option on resume sites
- Do's and don'ts for writing a cover note for a posted resume
- How to format an emailable resume
- What MS Word extension to use when attaching a resume to an email
- How to write an effective cover note to introduce your emailed resume
- Lots of samples of the above!
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
The updated version of my E-Resume Guide is completed! It features step-by-step instructions for how to post your resume online and email your resume to recruiters and employers. Here's what's new in the Guide: