Are you a manager or recruiter who receives resumes via email? If so, may I interview you for a post about how job seekers can best email their resumes?
I can ask you questions by phone or email (please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info). Or you can answer the questions as a comment to this post.
Here are my interview questions:
1. What percentage of resumes do you receive via U.S. Post?
2. What percentage via email?
3. Do you accept resumes as attachments to emails?
4. If so, what format do you prefer? MS Word or PDF?
5. Do you have trouble opening attachments that are in some versions of MS Word?
6. Are you concerned about getting a computer virus from an attachment? If not, why not?
7. Do you like getting a resume inserted into the body of your email? If so, do you prefer the insert by in Plain Text or HTML?
8. Do you like getting both an attachment and the insert?
9. Do you like getting a link to a resume that's on a job seeker's website?
10. What do you do with the resumes? How do you process them?
- Forward them to someone else
- Print them out
- Enter them into a database
- File them on your hard drive
11. What are good email subject lines that tell you to open an email from a job seeker?
12. How important is the introductory cover note?
13. How long should the note be?
14. Do you sometimes forward the note along with the resume?
15. What advice do you have for sending a resume via email?
16. May I email you a resume template that you fax back to me so I can see how it transfers?